Translate

INFO - RESOURCES

THE PROPHECY OF BOB DYLAN - "A HARD RAIN'S A-GONNA FALL" - AND IT IS TORRENTIAL - Updated

THE PROPHECY OF BOB DYLAN -

"A HARD RAIN'S A-GONNA FALL"

 
 
Many believed one true genius before his time, composed music and lyrics true in 1962 and it holds the same truth today. Bob Dylan became the voice of a new generation, for the disenfranchised and those denied justice. The times subjugated a population to a system being born coming to fruition.
 
 "The Free Wheel'n Bob Dylan" became an American classic during its own tenure. However, Dylan became the lyrical prophet for a nation ridden with lies to the people. The promise of liberty and justice began to unravel. Our democratic way of life dissolved into the oligarchy in place today who took no prisoners. The arrogance is found in the percentage we all now know.
 
"A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall" is song that has often come to mind in recent years and dominates my images of the surreal, the obnoxious and the untruths of the current election that undermines all that our country stands.
 
Listen to Bob Dylan sing, analyze his words and you will come to "feel and to see his vision. You will see the images of the past remain the insanity today. You can read the lyrics and see the shame of our leaders remains today. They have not changed. They have no vision of what is considered cannot be, but to those who say why not? 
 
Please go to the link below and study the images that accompany every frame as composed by Jason Mraz. Bob Dylan's Hard Rain with lyrics is below.
 
 
 When you listen and view the background slides, Mraz has incorporated images of War, Bombing of weak nations, Poverty, Climate Change, use of children to fight under ISIS, Racism ("white man who walked a black dog"), Lynching of Blacks, Roads left to ruin, thousands of Voices silenced, "one man starving while others are laughing" and so on.

If you reflect on these metaphors of the injustices that existed in '60s you can visualize the same tragedies exist today. During the turbulence of the '60s and '70s, the same group of 18 - 25 year olds demonstrated through non-violent sit-ins and protests against the establishment subjugating our youth to fight the Vietnam War. The revolution expanded the wide range of "wrongs" imposed on all people and the groups they divided.

The Black Panthers were spawned from this movement that outraged a white "silent white majority," a movement based on science to save the planet from man made pollution with Earth Day as a result. Veterans of the Vietnam War returning home joined the fight. A nationwide Moratorium was organized and millions stayed home from work and school to bring the point home to the Richard Nixon administration. His paranoia eventually forced him to resign.

Hillary and Bill Clinton certainly were part of this movement and their conscience inspired their commitment to public service. The inspiration of John F. Kennedy, firmly implanted within a youthful nation heeded the call, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ...Ask what you can do for your country."

During a decade or more, the media and pundits argued on the Sunday Morning circuit of news talk shows what they eventually reached a consensus. That at the moment in time our Nation, our Democracy and our Freedom was at risk. They labeled the unrest and anger present as a period when the country was known as most Divided in history. Sound familiar?

The lesson learned that when the People stand united, speak they are not going to fight the War and no longer accept the rule of a few would no longer be tolerated. Many who spoke out or protested suffered greatly, some giving their lives.

However, if true change is to take place where even our basic patriotic duty to vote is subject to tampering and now hacking. Both parties now appear they are willing to quell the voices demanding change.

It is time again to stand united, question the efficacy of politicians and how they serve those billionaires and corporations who control the agenda and direction of Our Nation,
 

Here are the lyrics of A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall



Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son?
And where have you been my darling young one?
I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains
I've walked and I've crawled on six crooked highways
I've stepped in the middle of seven sad forests
I've been out in front of a dozen dead oceans
I've been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard
And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard
It's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

Oh, what did you see, my blue eyed son?
And what did you see, my darling young one?
I saw a newborn baby with wild wolves all around it
I saw a highway of diamonds with nobody on it
I saw a black branch with blood that kept drippin'
I saw a room full of men with their hammers a-bleedin'
I saw

Oh, what did you see, my blue eyed son?
And what did you see, my darling young one?
I saw a newborn baby with wild wolves all around it
I saw a highway of diamonds with nobody on it
I saw a black branch with blood that kept drippin'
I saw a room full of men with their hammers a-bleedin'
I saw a white ladder all covered with water
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken
I saw guns and sharp swords in the hands of young children
And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard
It's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

And what did you hear, my blue-eyed son?
And what did you hear, my darling young one?
I heard the sound of a thunder that roared out a warnin'
I heard the roar of a wave that could drown the whole world
I heard one hundred drummers whose hands were a-blazin'
I heard ten thousand whisperin' and nobody listenin'
I heard one person starve, I heard many people laughin'
Heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter
Heard the sound of a clown who cried in the alley
And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard
And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.



Oh, what did you meet my blue-eyed son ?
Who did you meet, my darling young one?
I met a young child beside a dead pony
I met a white man who walked a black dog
I met a young woman whose body was burning
I met a young girl, she gave me a rainbow
I met one man who was wounded in love
I met another man who was wounded in hatred
And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard
And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

 
 







 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DETROIT- HAMTRAMCK, SHOULD WELCOME UKRAINE’S REFUGEES

HUMANITARIAN AID AND MILITARY HARDWARE NOW

SHOULD AMERICA HAVE A REFERENDUM ON THIS PRESIDENT? VERSION 2.1