1. You may need to resign your Administration to the possibility that YOU may become a One-Term President.
AMERICA’S Future rests on Your Administration as possibly the Last Hope in bringing about True Reform to our government and society! Go forward with resolve and the support of the majority! In the end, let your record speak for itself!
2. RETURN AMERICA AND AS MUCH OF OUR GOVERNMENT TO THE PEOPLE!
Continue to adhere to what you spoke of during your path to the White House in promising the American People to bring their government back to them. Remind your staff everyday of this fact.
3. RESOLVE TO KEEP YOUR PROMISE(S) TO AMERICA: BRING THE TROOPS HOME FROM IRAQ NOW! This is the promise energizing your campaign and the mandate came to follow.
4. REFLECT and REVISE any EXPANSION AND PURPOSE of the WAR in AFGHANISTAN.
Consider the History of this region! Intervention in this mountain of a complex tribal society dominated by “war lords” and other factions such as the Taliban is the Rule for centuries.
5. DO NOT RETREAT one step in the CHALLENGES WE FACE DOMESTICALLY!
The naysayers believe this huge challenge of taking on multiple issues and making REFORM, a Reality is too much! They are the negative force looking to see you fail. The future of accountability of Washington will force the opposition to take a stand for or against the huge Interest groups and the power of the Lobbyists.
6. Remind the Democratic Party They ARE now the MAJORITY!
Your election brought both Houses of Congress to that coveted position where Power resides in Democrats as Committee Chairman, composing an agenda and a litany of legislation and the election of a strong House Speaker. Democrats must utilize that same strength held for eight years by an uncompromising Republicans even refusing legitimate participation in “writing legislation.” Consider reminding Americans and the Republican opposition of these events. Review the archives of NPR for Diane Rehm (January 30, 2006) and her interview of Rep. John Dingell as where he details the abuse of protocol within the Congress.
7. Do NOT ALLOW a Democratic Congress cave to the high-powered and well-financed pharmaceutical and insurance Lobbyists in their blatant and overt lies in media spots in their collective effort to sabotage Universal Health Coverage for ALL Americans.
8. Another great issue is for a Swift and Complete Overhaul of the Investment, Security and Exchange Regulatory system first put into place after 1929 stock market crash.
9. It is time to Honor the rights and previous victories won by America’s Labor Movement and stop the demise of the middle class, give hope to the working poor as well as those in abject poverty.
10. Finally, use the POWER of the EXECUTIVE OFFICE to FIRST as witnessed by the Bush Administration to lead, prod, push and as needed “Kick some BEHINDS” on these critical domestic issues and damn the lobbyists and investment bankers.